Next PostOrganic September
Previous PostNational Allotments Week / Growing your own organic veggies in preparation for Organic September…
This recipe is the perfect mid-week pick me up! I understand time can be short in between work and life so who has time for baking the week right?… Wrong! Here is a recipe you can reap the rewards from in just 20 minutes! It is quick, easy, delicious, and nutritious.
As a little girl I always loved baking, I would bake cakes and cookies and spend hours decorating them, smothering them in sugary icing and sprinkles. As I have gotten older, I have educated myself ALOT on the importance of healthy eating and cutting down on refined sugars etc… This does not mean you cannot treat yourself but to just be mindful. I think a lot of people associate a treat as something that is a little bit ‘naughty’, something that isn’t very nutritious for you but as soon as you change your mentality and understand you can have a treat that is for your taste buds but also for your body, that is a beautiful moment. Healthy eating becomes a sustainable part of your life. No fad diets or restrictions needed! So, I have set my mind to creating yummy vegan friendly recipes with no naughty’s just, in this case a little bit of Norty Peanut Butter!!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Serving: 15 cookies
100g coconut oil
150g unrefined cane sugar
2 teaspoons of Chocolate & Coffee Norty Peanut butter
1 flax egg – 1 tablespoon of flax seed whisked with 3 tablespoons water then let it set for 5 minutes
50g ground almonds
150g self-raising flour
1 tablespoon of instant coffee
1 tablespoon cacao powder
A pinch of sea salt
Half a teaspoon baking soda
2. Add the flax egg and ground almonds to the butter mix. Mix until well incorporated.
3. In another bowl combine the flour, instant coffee, cacao powder, a pinch of sea salt and baking soda.
4. Add the flour mix to your wet ingredients and mix with a spoon until all is blended.
5. Fold in 80g of your chocolate chunks, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour (this could be stored in the fridge for up to 48hours).
6. When you are ready to bake, pre heat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Scoop out some the mixture (I use a 1/3 cup measurer) press it into the cup and then place on a tray that has been prepared with baking paper making sure to leave a minimum of 4cm between each cookie dough.
7. Repeat number 6 until the mixture has ran out this will make roughly 9 cookies.
8. Bake for 10-15 minutes (They do not take long so keep an eye on them and take them out once the edges start to turn golden brown.
9. Let your cookies cool slightly before lifting them off the tray.
10. If your feeling a little bit ‘extra’… drizzle Norty Chocolate & Coffee Peanut butter over the top then enjoy warm or cold!
11. Store them in an airtight container to keep for up to 3 days (If they haven’t all been eaten by then!)
Please let me know if you have tried this recipe in the comments below! And even better… Tag @mettalifeuk in a picture of your cookies on Instagram so I do not miss them <3
Follow @mettalifeuk on social media so you don’t miss out on any of our nutritious vegan friendly bakes.
Be Mindful, Think Ethical, Shop Sustainable.