Vegan pumpkin curry
Do you see all the gorgeous pumpkins in the farm shops and supermarkets, then wonder what can I cook with pumpkin?
Well, if so, this one is for you! It’s a creamy, flavourful curry that is so simple to make but it tastes like it has taken you all day.
My inspiration for this curry was a vegan yellow Thai curry that I had on my travels through Thailand nearly 5 years ago, I remember it well, I traveled with my sister and flew to Bangkok. We arrived and all the food was very new to us, it was not like you get in Thai restaurants at home, to say the least! They had a lot of meat, bugs and me being vegetarian at the time found even the smells very off-putting.
But on the second day, we spotted a small house-like restaurant that we pretty much went and sat in a family’s kitchen. They cooked up this incredible yellow curry in front of us, it tasted delicious and was full of goodness. That is what I wanted to achieve with this recipe, I curry that is full of goodness!
As the pumpkin and maple syrup is added it gives a slightly sweeter touch giving it the taste of a homemade korma curry.
I hope you thoroughly enjoy this recipe! Please let me know how you get on in the comments below <3
Fight off any cold and with our vegan pumpkin soup
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 1 hr 5 minutes
Total time: 1 hr 15 minutes
Serves: 4 with rice
1.5kg pumpkin (uncooked weight)
1 handful of spinach
½ red pepper
2 fresh chilli
3 garlic cloves
10g fresh ginger
1 lime juice
½ tsp turmeric
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp mixed spice
2 tsp soy sauce
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 can of coconut milk
Make your delicious vegan pumpkin soup.
- Cut your pumpkin into cubes and roast it at 190C for 35 minutes or until soft but still holding its shape.
- Blend the chilli, onion, garlic cloves, fresh ginger, lime juice, turmeric, maple syrup, mixed spice, soy sauce and 250g of the roasted pumpkin until smooth.
- Melt 2 tbsp of coconut oil in a thick bottom pan and fry your blended mixture on high heat for 5 minutes, continue to stir the sauce so it does not catch.
- Add the coconut milk and red pepper – I slice my pepper in strips then simmer for 25 minutes.
- Add the remainder of the roasted pumpkin and spinach and enjoy with brown rice!
A trustworthy vegan gifts marketplace, where you can discover vegan and ethical independent UK brands.